Wolf in the Woods is a trick taking card game for two players.
- The objective of Wolf in the Woods is to get to 21 points first.
- There are 33 cards in the game valued 1-11 across 3 different suits. Each player is dealt 13 cards. One card is flipped face up and becomes the trump card. The remaining 6 cards make up the kitty.
- There are two ways to earn points in Wolf in the Woods. Each 7 captured in a trick is worth a point to the
player that captured the trick. You also score points based on how many tricks you took at the end of a hand.
tricks 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 score 6 6 6 6 1 2 3 6 6 6 0 0 0 0
- When it is your turn to play, the cards that you can play will turn green. You must follow suit. Whoever plays the highest trump card wins the trick. If no one plays trump then whoever plays the highest card of the lead suit wins the trick (with exceptions noted below).
- Odd-numbered cards have special abilities:
Card value Ability/Side-effect 1 When you play this card and lose, you have to lead the next trick 3 When you play this card, you can optionally swap a card from your hand with the trump card 5 When you play this card you draw a card from the kitty and then discard a card from your hand 7 Each seven won in a trick is worth one point 9 In a trick that has just one 9 it is treated as if its suit were the trump suit 11 When an 11 is lead your opponent must play either their highest card of the suit of the 11 or a 1 of that suit
If you are interested in giving it a try head to https://wolfinthewoods.playagame.app and then copy the link on the page and share it with a friend and you can start playing right away for free with no account.